Dental health is crucial not only for a good look but your overall health too. According to medical experts, poor dental health can cause severe chronic illnesses such diabetes. More important is your teeth health. If you’ve damaged, cracked, discoloured or chipped teeth, there are cosmetic procedures to rectify that. The two most common procedures are the use of the crowns and veneers.
Veneers Vs Crowns
The two are entirely different although they achieve excellent results. We are going to discuss each of the two and find the reason whether you should consider either of the two.
A dental crowns in Australia are simply a coverings made from the porcelain. It’s is designed to be put on top of the tooth to hide the unsightly or damaged teeth while making the tooth stronger. Crown is the same colour as natural teeth, and thus it will be difficult to identify after the procedure is complete. It’s the perfect choice for the repair of damaged teeth when the normal filling is inadequate. They are available in three different types:
- Porcelain- typically used for the front teeth.
- Gold- Used for the back teeth.
- Porcelain-Fused-To-Metal- can be used throughout the mouth and can offer the natural look.
They are a thin layer of ceramic or composite resin filling material that’s applied over the tooth to improve its shape and colour. The procedure corrects some of the common teeth problems such as gaps, misalignment, broken teeth or discolouration amongst other problems. The best thing about veneer is that it’s permanent and has no side effects. Veneers are available in the types:
- Indirect Veneer- this is a fabricated form if veneer in a dental laboratory out of either resin or porcelain. Although porcelain is known to be better in hiding stains, resin is known for easy application and being less invasive. But both are strong and long-lasting.
- Direct Veneer- this type is made of composite resin. It’s applied directly to the teeth by the dentist. They are for being time and labour intensive and are also less predictable compared to their counterparts.
Both are great dental treatments or procedures, and that’s why choosing between them can be difficult. You can choose depending on various factors such as a number of teeth to be repaired. For instance, veneers are great for many teeth since they are thing compared to crowns. If you’re looking for cosmetic solutions, veneers are the best option. On the other hand, crowns are ideal restoring teeth since they are stronger and are also perfect for rectifying tooth decay compared to veneers. It’s also a longer lasting solution compared to veneers.